I’ve been baking this Southern TX Strawberry Bread since 1983.
Here it is if you’re looking for moist, delicious strawberry bread to make for the holidays. I have made this Southern TX strawberry bread for Thanksgiving and Christmas since the ’80s. Everyone has raved about it for years.
When you find a recipe that everyone loves, you make it over and over again. This strawberry bread is the one.
My Southern TX Strawberry Bread
Back in 1983, when a now distant friend from Dallas, TX, served this amazing strawberry bread at her holiday dinner party, I fell madly in love with it, and I wanted to make it for my holiday family feast. She shared her recipe with me, and I’ve made it ever since.
I may have skipped a year here and there and made something else, but for the most part, this bread has been the recipe that I take to family gatherings and holiday parties.
Southern TX Homemade Strawberry Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 10 oz frozen strawberries thawed
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 1-1/2 cup oil
- Mix dry ingredients together; make a hole in the center
- Add in liquid ingredients and mix by hand
- Pour mix in 2 regular size loaf pans
- Bake at 325 for one hour
Since this recipe makes two loaves, I have added walnuts to one and everyone seemed to like that, but I prefer no walnuts.
Below, are ingredients for a healthier strawberry bread, but if you don’t really care about “better for you” ingredients (some do, but the ingredients are sometimes more expensive), by all means, use the above recipe. My original recipe is a tad bit moister than the healthier version. Your choice. The baking instructions and baking times are the same.
A “Healthier” Strawberry Bread Ingredients:
- 3 cups Bob Mills Unbleached White All-purpose
- 2 cups Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-10 oz package of frozen strawberries – thawed
- 4 eggs; organic farm fresh eggs or cage-free eggs – well beaten
- 1-1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melt and let cool before adding to the liquid mixture).
Before you go, you may like to read My Daddy’s Texas Chili Recipe.
Leave a Reply