Now that my youngest just finished high school and we’ve successfully survived the daunting college application process relatively unscathed, I think it’s high time that I plan a little indulgent celebration of my very own. And what better way to celebrate the fact that I’ve finally graduated from the yoga pants and fish sticks phase of life, than by rounding up my girlfriends and planning a fun summertime getaway to Pearland, Texas.
It used to be that summertime meant that I’d pack up my kids for an amazing sleep-away camp adventure. But when I’d wave goodbye to my happy campers, I couldn’t help but secretly wish that I could also trade places for a little R&R with my own girlfriends to just hang out, relax, reconnect and recharge. (Although my summer camp version didn’t include the part where you have to pitch a tent in the woods or eat lunch out of a dirty tin mess kit).
Enter glorious Pearland, Texas.
This post was part of a sponsored project in conjunction with members of the Texas Travel Industry Association to feature their members. The opinions reflected are honest and based upon the individual blogger experience.
Pearland is a perfect Texas road trip weekend summer destination. My girlfriends and I especially enjoy it because it makes us feel like we’ve traveled to a quaint chic hamlet with all of the hip big city amenities you could ever want, plus it’s only a stone’s throw away from Houston.
Pearland is home to some of my favorite summer weekend getaway activities including: discovering locally owned restaurants; exploring the city’s rich culture and arts scene; meandering through the cool shops along Pearland Town Center; crafting activities that feature wine sampling to help enhance those creative juices; luxurious spa treatments; and even bird watching excursions for nature enthusiasts like me. There’s just so much to see and do! (By the way, did I mention shopping?)
The folks at Visit Pearland have made planning a summer weekend with your lady squad a breeze with great trip ideas on their website for the latest summer fun to organize your girls’ getaway. These sure-fire favorites will help up your game as the go-to mom with the best Texas travel street cred. Now you can wow your girlfriends by planning your own awesome summer trip to Pearland – that just ripe for the picking.
Girls’ Trip Summer Getaway Weekend Ideas for Pearland
- If you’re looking for a fine dining experience, look no further than Killen’s Steakhouse. Consistently ranked one of the top spots in the Houston area, it’s perfect for a #treatyourself meal.
- Need a massage? Book appointments for a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage or another indulgent service at Hired Hands Day Spa. Alternatively, nearby Bergamo’s Spa Retreat is another option for a day of relaxation.
- In the mood for live music? Get dinner to go and come prepared to picnic at Concerts in the Park on Friday evenings in May and June. Pearland House Concerts also offers a unique dinner and live music experience for a good cause.
- Make plans to get crafty and cultivate your creativity! Book a class at the Rustic Brush or Painting with a Twist – Pearland. Rustique also offers unique workshops to hone your crafting skills.
- Get active with a drop-in class at one of our local studios: Pure Barre, Orange Theory Fitness, Yoga Works or Infinity Cycling Studio.
- Maybe your idea of “fit” is lifting a mimosa to your mouth. We have options for you, too! Check out our curated list of Brunch Spots in Pearland.
This post is part of the Summer Family Travel Planner created for members of the Texas Travel Industry Association. Read about the other destinations featured in the planner here.