Until recently, it’d been years since I’d visited Schlitterbahn New Braunfels. I’ve always been a worry-wart and not a huge fan of water in my face. Those things don’t necessarily make for a fun waterpark experience. So now that my kids are fairly self-sufficient and I’ve learned to embrace my worries a little better, I am more willing to (and do!) thoroughly enjoy the park. These days my family and I can all jump in a tube, on the same ride or not, and meet at a designated spot – usually the lazy river. It’s fantastic! There are lots of great reasons to visit Schlitterbahn New Braunfels but I’m sharing my personal favorites with you today.
**Full Disclosure: My family and I were invited to Schlitterbahn as part of a partnership with the waterpark and Texas Travel Talk. The partnership included lodging, food & beverage, and compensation for the trip. The opinions reflected are honest and based upon my own experience.
Reasons to Visit Schlitterbahn New Braunfels:
Rivers, Rides, Slides, and Chutes
- With over 50 attractions to choose from, there’s a TON of fun to be had! My personal favorite is the Torrent River (I’ve nick-named it the Wavy Lazy River, though!).
- Schlitterbahn is meant for the young and young at heart. There really is something for everyone!
Bring Your Own Cooler
- Pack snacks, lunch, dinner and plenty of drinks (no glass or alcohol, please!). Bring your cooler into the park so your family can eat when they’re ready.
Fun Food Options
- There are several fun food choices all across the parks. To celebrate Schlitterbahn’s 40th anniversary, I highly recommend the Birthday Cake Funnel Cake!
- There are perks to staying at the Resort at Schlitterbahn – early access to the Blastenhoff Section, resort pools, waterpark access the day of check in through the full day of check out and more!
There are so many things to enjoy at Schlitterbahn and those listed above are just a few of my favorites. As much as I still don’t appreciate water in my face, I am loving the freedom that comes with taking a step out of my comfort zone and relishing in the memory-making moments with my family.
About Schlitterbahn New Braunfels:
Schlitterbahn “grew” out of the banks of the Comal River 40 years ago. Tube chutes, rides, tube slides, and pools use spring fed river water that always stays a cool 72 degrees and flows right back into the river. Ride our famous black tubes for hours in the Original Section featuring the iconic castle. Find shade in the natural canopy of trees and spend the day together when you bring your own picnic. Of course rivers are only the beginning. A short tram ride away, within the Blastenhoff and Surfenburg sections, visitors to New Braunfels can ride a continuous wave on the Boogie Bahn, fly high on the Sky Coaster, tube on the Torrent wave river, and get rocketed uphill on the Master Blaster Water Coaster.
Why do YOU visit Schlitterbahn New Braunfels?