Top things to do in Baytown, Texas, include family outdoor options.
There is something for everybody in Baytown. The town is truly a gem! The top things in Baytown, Texas, include finding history, adventure, good food, a marina lifestyle, and more. Located north of Galveston within the Gulf Coast region, Baytown is 26 miles from Houston (and only 254 miles away from Dallas).
This post was a sponsored project that included lodging, meals, and compensation. The opinions reflected here are honest and based upon the individual blogger’s experience.
Related: 10 Things to do in Baytown with the kids
Things To Do In Baytown Texas
Baytown is ideal for a family road trip. If you decide to visit, I know you will fall in love with the many great activities and attractions as we did.
Related: Viaja por carretera en Texas con tu familia
An excellent way to navigate around and discover new things to do is using the Baytown Geotour and the official passport (available online and in a printable version).
Geocaching is an in-person interactive treasure hunting game around the city using your smartphone or any other GPS-enabled device. It’s just like a treasure hunt! You will find 31 different geocaches on the Family, History, or in the Nature Together Geotour! You can follow a theme or try to find them all. Earn points and prizes!
Lots Of Art In Baytown
Art Venture is part of the Baytown Geocaching adventure but focuses on public art. You will visit nine public locations that include murals, sculptures, etc. Install the “Adventure Lab” mobile app and search “Baytown’s Art-Venture Lab.”
Outdoor Things To Do In Baytown
- Umbrella Alley: Like several other cities globally, Baytown has a fun outdoor immersive art installation for perfect Instagrammable pictures or silly TikTok clips. The trail is a mix of 20 unique statues featuring artists from the U.S. and Canada. Sadly, Umbrella Alley got torn apart due to bad weather. Baytown hopes to have it back up in the near future. There is a new exhibit called Baytown Sculpture Trail. Find it at the same link.
- Bayland Marina: a Texas Gulf Coast marina in the Upper Galveston Bay near Morgans Point with a fantastic view of the Fred Hartman bridge in the background. Recently renovated, there are numerous options, no matter what size boat you have.
- Fishing in Baytown: Catching a fish is a big thing in Baytown! Fresh or saltwater, many places to fish by boat or land. It’s all about finding that spot! Roseland Park, Eddie V. Gray Wetlands Education Center, and Baytown Nature Center are local favorites!
- Art League Painted Windows: Frida Kahlo’s portrait, Salvador Dali, and a smiling Mona Lisa are some famous paintings recreated and placed as windows in a brick building. It’s located at the back of the Art League.
- Bird watching: Baytown is a wildlife sanctuary with more than 100 bird species for nature lovers and anybody looking for outdoor activities. Some are common, and some are rare – keep an eye open! Take the Bird Watching Challenge.
- Roseland Park: Walking trail, two boat ramps, fishing piers, covered playgrounds, many picnic areas, BBQ pits, public restrooms, sand volleyball court, covered basketball court, and two pavilions.
- Downtown Art District: Located in the Texas Avenue area; walk and immerse yourself in a modern art experience with bright murals. Free.
Baytown Nature Center
Baytown Nature Center is a 450-acre recreational area that is a jewel for visitors. The Center features fishing piers, birding trails, wildlife blinds, picnic tables, a butterfly garden, bicycle paths, a playground, a kayak launch, etc. You can bring your food and snacks. The Crystal Bay Butterfly Garden, the Children’s Nature Discovery Area, and the Myra C. Brown Bird Sanctuary are of particular note. The Baytown Nature Center is an official site on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail.
Restaurants In Baytown, Texas
Foodies will love the food in Baytown. If you are a foodie or traveling for that taste of place, enjoy what Baytown offers. Here are a few delicious options:
El Toro: Tex-Mex and margaritas go hand-in-hand here!
- Must try: The margaritas and enchiladas are out of this world.
Pipeline Grill Baytown
Pipeline Grill: A good variety of foods for adults and children.
- Best Dishes: The Campeche ceviche and all the pizzas.
Pupuseria El Rey
Pupuseria El Rey: sabor tradicional de la cocina centroamericana. Location: 5622 Garth Rd.
- Pupusas de loroco con queso are delicious and authentic.
Going’s BBQ: BBQ Texan style in the Arts District.
- Best Meals: Brisket, sausages, and ribs
Sabor de Mexico
Sabor of Mexico: homemade ice cream, paletas, infused water, desserts in Art District.
- The mango & chile paletas are super tasty.
Baytown Seafood: A nice place for seafood and fish …and the best in town.
- Try the gumbo
Rooster’s: steakhouse, burgers, and BBQ in the Art District.
- Known for the great hamburgers
The top things to do in Baytown, Texas, include having a good time and eating what you want.
Leave a Reply