Baytown TX offers a lot of family-friendly activities like birding, nature, art, geocaching, concerts and more. Best of all, most of these attractions are free!
This City is located just east of Houston and north of Galveston.
This post was part of a sponsored project in conjunction with Visit Baytown. The opinions reflected are honest and based upon the individual blogger experience.
To get the most out of your visit, the best thing to do is download the official Visit Baytown app in the Apple and Google Play stores.
10 things to do in Baytown Texas with the Kids
- Geocaching. Explore Baytown with the Baytown GeoTour while earning prizes and having fun on this family-friendly journey through the city. Each geocacher can obtain a free GeoTour passport to fill out from the visitbaytown.com/geocaching website or the Buc-ee’s Visit Baytown Kiosk, 4080 East Fwy, Baytown.
- Spring/Summer Birding Challenge. Complete the challenge and claim a medallion! Identify at least 50 bird species at the Baytown Nature Center, home to over 300 species of birds throughout the year, and turn in your challenge booklet to receive your commemorative medallion. Open to birders of all skill levels from around the world. Spring/Summer challenge ends August 31, 2019.
- Eddie V. Gray Wetlands Recreational and Educational Center. Kids will have a lot of fun while learning at this extensive education center. A variety of live animal and hands-on exhibits provide a memorable and interactive experience for kids and adults alike. Admission is free.
- Houston Raceway Park-HRP. This venue hosts a wide variety of events such as NHRA races, monster truck expos, legal street racing, classic car shows, and the Lights Fest lantern festival event.
- Pirate’s Bay Waterpark. This is a fun waterpark! It includes a lazy river, dive-in movies in the wave pool, 7-acres of water slides and much more!
- Baytown Art-Venture Lab. This free public art scavenger hunt will take you on a beautiful ART-venture in the Downtown ArtsDistrict. Download the Adventure Lab app to play.
- Umbrella Alley in the Downtown Arts District. Take amazing pictures in this Instagrammable alley filled with colorful walls and umbrellas that swing back and forth in a whimsical dance. Located at 124 W Texas Avenue, Baytown, Texas.
- Taqueria Tour. Check the Taqueria Tour on the Visit Baytown mobile app to find Baytown Tourism’s recommendations.
- Go Fishing! Baytown is home to both saltwater and freshwater fishing; guided fishing trips are available to take visitors out from several boat launch locations around Baytown. You can launch your own boat, kayaks, or canoes at those locations as well.
- Experience many of Baytown’s free annual events:
- The Arts & Eats Fest. Enjoy food trucks, sidewalk art, and music!
- Nurture Nature Festival. Immerse yourself in nature fun for the whole family!
- Grito Fest. Enjoy Mariachis, contest, food, crafts vendors, musical entertainment, kid’s activities and more!
For more information on Baytown’s accommodations, events, venues, attractions, and dining, visit www.VisitBaytown.com
This post is part of the Summer Family Travel Planner created for members of the Texas Travel Industry Association.
Read about the other destinations featured in the planner here.