It’s a wonderful life with all these Christmas Celebrations in East Texas.
The holiday season in the east will have Santa Claus and his reindeer flying high over the pine trees while all the kiddos patiently await his arrival. And Mrs. Claus will be at home baking cookies waiting for his safe return. Oh, how I love this time of year. There are some amazing Christmas celebrations in East Texas for 2022. If you know of any that’s not listed here, let me know!!
It’s great to be on the best Christmas towns list in Texas …this one!! We will be adding more holiday events as they come in!!!
Also See: Mother-Daughter Trip To Palestine, TX
See Lots Of Christmas Celebrations In East Texas
With all these family-friendly holiday events, it will certainly be a Merry Christmas in East Texas this year, 2022. If more pop up, I’ll be sure to add them.
As you’re filling your home with Christmas decorations and putting up Christmas lights, consider getting out and about to bring the whole family to one of these events for Christmas cheer, good food, and holiday fun!
1. Rose City Christmas In Tyler, TX
Visit Tyler for all its annual Christmas celebrations. A lot is going on in this town for the holidays. And don’t miss the Christmas parade and tree lighting ceremony on Dec 1st starting at 6 pm in downtown Tyler. Grab yourself a hot chocolate and celebrate the Christmas season with the townspeople of Tyler. See Rose City Christmas in Tyler, TX.
• Downtown Holiday Open House In Tyler
Dec. 8, 2022, 4-8 pm
• Mistletoe & Magic
Nov. 30 – Dec 3, 2022
The largest shopping event in East Texas.
• Azalea District Trails of Lights
Dec. 1-31, 2022
A self-guided tour to see homes lit up with Christmas lights. The horse-drawn carriage rides start on Nov. 25.
• Blue Santa Pub Crawl
December 3, 2022, 4-8 pm
Nov 11 – January 4, 2023
Santaland is among the best spectacular light displays and drive-through attractions in the east, with over 2.5 million lights in the region. Be sure to visit the gift shop for amazing holiday items and gifts for everyone on your list.
• Holiday Lights at the Tyler Rose Garden
Dec. 8-31, 2022 (closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day)
2. Discover Christmas Under The Stars In Kilgore
Here are a few things to get excited about in November for the holidays in Kilgore, TX for 2022. See Kilgore Main Street for more information.
- A Very Derrick Christmas (Nov 12, 3 to 8 pm) – Downtown Kilgore will be filled with activities, vendors, and live music and entertainment for the whole family. The lighting of the derricks is at 7 pm sharp.
- Tis The Season – (Dec 11 – 11 am to 5 pm)
- Mingle & Jingle (Nov. 26, 6 pm) – dine, shop, and mingle under the Stars of Historic Downtown Kilgore.
3. Downtown Christmas In Longview, TX
Longview gets in the holiday spirit with these two events.
• Christmas Tree Lighting
Nov. 20th, 4-7 pm.
• Downtown Christmas Parade
Dec. 1st (rain day Dec. 6th)
4. Holiday Happenings In Palestine, TX
To see all holiday happenings visit Christmas in Palestine.
• The Polar Express Train Ride
November 18 – December 27, 2022
Tickets are on sale at Texas State Railroad (sold out)
The train ride will be at the Palestine Depot lights up with tinsel, garland, and costumed characters making the North Pole sparkle in Texas!
• Grinch’s Lair – Palestine Historic County Jail
November 18 December 18, 2022 (Fri., Sat., & Sun.)
5. Jefferson, TX Christmas Events
See the full calendar at Visit Jefferson, Texas.
• Christmas Parade And Enchanted Forest Tree Lighting
November 26, 2022
The city of Jefferson lights up its town with a parade and over 100 Christmas trees at Lions Park. Christmas carols will be sung, and Santa sightings may be revealed! The best part is watching the children’s eyes open wide in amazement.
• Christmas Express Train
November 25-26, 2022, 12:30 pm and every weekend in December.
• Jefferson Candlelight Tour of Homes 2022
Dec 1-3, 2022 & Dec 8-10, 2022
Buy tickets online now at $22.50. Tickets go up to $25 after Thanksgiving. Jefferson Candlelight.
6. Nine Flags Christmas Festival Nacogdoches, TX
December 3, 2022
Celebrate the holidays in the oldest town in Texan and see its downtown transform into a classic Hallmark movie with a Christmas parade, workshop, and fireworks. Don’t miss tasting Wassail made from hot mulled cider and spices in downtown Nac.
Also, see these holiday happenings in NAC
- Merry Christmas Market
- Holiday In The Pines
- Winter Workshop
Lots of Christmas shopping is to be done in this town. See Christmas in NAC.
7. Wonderland Of Lights – Marshall, Texas
All starts Nov. 23rd
As you stroll through one of Texas’s ten most charming Christmas towns, you’ll witness a transformation of a Hallmark right before your eyes. Be sure to get your annual photos with Santa. I’ve always wanted to go here during the holidays to see the Christmas spirit around this town. They used to have an outdoor ice skating set up – it was actually one of the first ones in Texas.
- Courthouse Lighting Ceremony (11/23)
- Wassail Walk on Main Street (11/26)
- Christmas Parade (12/3 at 6 pm)
- Christmas Car Show (12/10 at 5 pm)
- Outdoor Christmas Market on Main Street (12/17)
8. Christmas In Crockett On The Square
November 19, 2022, 10 am – 4 pm
The Crockett Area Chamber of Commerce hosts will once again host the 41st Annual Christmas in Crockett with over 200 vendors, including food vendors. And don’t miss the Annual Christmas in Crockett Arts and Crafts Festival will be held the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
9. Christmas At The Mansion Christmas Magic – Brenham
November 4-6, 2022 (Luncheon is Nov. 5)
Christmas Magic 2022 at Hermann Furniture – festivities this year include a luncheon at the Giddings Stone Mansion from 11:30 – 12:30. Tickets are $30 per person, and reservations are required.
Check out these links on Texas Travel Talk for other holiday celebrations in Texas.
Holiday Events In West Texas – coming soon