Read our review about The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, then book your stay!
This article provides a Westin Riverwalk San Antonio review from one of our writers who recently stayed there with her spouse.
San Antonio is an excellent city for a couple’s staycation. There is plenty to see and do, from visiting the Alamo to strolling along the Riverwalk, plus the city has a vibrant culture and food scene. Just a few hours away from home, but feeling like you’ve been transported to another country. Before we moved here from Dallas, San Antonio was one of my family’s favorite getaways. But we aren’t alone -the city had over 10 million visitors worldwide last year.
We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a lovely weekend stay at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio. This stylish hotel is conveniently located in a quiet area, and you can walk out to the Riverwalk. It is within walking distance of the Alamo, restaurants, bars, and shops.
Disclosure: The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio hosted my family for two nights and treated us to dinner at the Zocca Restaurant. All opinions are my own for this review.
The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio Review
The hotel lobby has a luxurious feel with a stunning river view. The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio is an excellent option if you’re looking for an upscale hotel experience. It has been renovated recently to include updates to guest rooms and to the corridor. Also, a full renovation of the Business Center, public restrooms, and fitness center, as well as a full restoration of the on-site restaurant and bar.
This hotel is great for locals and tourists because it is close to many attractions, shops, and restaurants. But it is also a great option for a business trip or conference.
We especially loved the pool. The first thing we did when we arrived was a dip in the pool. The pool water was pleasantly warm and nice, offering a fantastic view of the Tower of the Americas and the Riverwalk. Towels are provided right before entering the pool area.
You can expect a delightful experience thanks to the hotel’s dedication to guest satisfaction and the luxurious amenities associated with the Marriott brand. We enjoyed a restful night’s sleep as the Westin Heavenly® bed was exceptionally comfortable, and we appreciated the thoughtful touch of a small bottle of lavender oil on the nightstand.
On the first night, our daughter stayed with us, so the hotel arranged for a guest room with two queen beds and a city view. The room was modern, stylish, clean, and spacious, making it perfect to unwind and recharge.
Room Type: 473 Guest Rooms
Hotel Class: 4 -Star Hotel
- Complimentary WiFi in public areas
- Disability Accessible Facilities
- 24-hour Fitness Studio
- Outdoor heated pool
- Flatscreen TV with premium movie channels
- Mini Fridge
- Coffee & tea maker
- Marble bathrooms
- Room service, 24-hour
- Kid’s Club Amenities: a goodie bag at check-in and kid-friendly menus.
- Service Express® provides diapers, bottle warmers, booster seats, and more.
- Pet-friendly rooms
- Business center
- On-site restaurant and bar, Zocca Cuisine D’Italia with indoor-outdoor seating
Valet $51 daily.
WiFi in guest rooms is $13.95-$19.95 per day.
Are pets allowed at The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio?
Dogs are the only pets allowed. $50 per day. One dog no more than 40 lbs. USD 150 non-refundable fee per stay.
Activities At The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio
- We visited the Westin Fitness Studio at the hotel during our stay. It is next to the pool, and they also provide towels. It has a good variety of equipment, from treadmills to weight machines.
- A group run is available on selected days of the week.
- You can relax in outdoor seating at Zocca restaurant and bar.
- A lovely outdoor terrace with ample seating for relaxing and daydreaming.
- The Westin Riverwalk hosts two ballrooms for your business meeting or special event with great views of the Riverwalk.
What We’re Loving:
In addition to the hotel’s convenient location, I loved its Spanish colonial-inspired lobby design the most. Its scenic views of the Riverwalk and a separate area from the lobby counters offer a truly distinctive and inviting space. My husband and I also loved Zocca’s restaurant’s outdoor seating area. It had such a wonderful, tranquil ambiance. Staying at the Westin Riverwalk after a night out was a seamless, worry-free experience for us.
The West Riverwalk has several places to enjoy a bite, ranging from Italian cuisine to grab-and-go options to poolside food.
Zocca Cuisine D’Italia
The newly renovated Zocca Cuisine D’Italia serves Italian food with indoor/outdoor seating on the beautiful Riverwalk.
We enjoyed a romantic dining experience at the Zocca outdoor seating area next to the Riverwalk. The food was absolutely exquisite. I ordered the delicious fall-of-the-bone Smoked Beef Short Rib while my husband opted for the succulent Ossobuco Di Agnello. For dessert, we had the Tiramisu Affogato.
The wine selection perfectly complemented our meal, making it an unforgettable evening. The following morning, we returned for breakfast. We tried the orange-scented pancakes accompanied by a cup of coffee before heading to explore downtown.
Cafecito offers great grab-and-go options of freshly made meals and Starbucks® coffee. It’s located next to the lobby.
Enjoy your favorite beverage right on the Riverwalk.
What Type Of Travelers Will You Find Here?
At the Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, you are likely to encounter a variety of travelers due to its prime location. During our hotel stay, we noticed a diverse mix of guests, including families, tourists, business travelers, and event attendees.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning
For nearly eight months, the hotel underwent a recent renovation. I highly recommend opting for a room with a view of the Riverwalk.
What Is Nearby The Westin Riverwalk?
There are many things to do within walking distance of The Westin Riverwalk Hotel. You can walk the streets or take a picturesque walk by the Riverwalk side, which was our choice.
- The Riverwalk is the heart of San Antonio. I always take my visitors for a walk or a leisurely boat ride to soak in the vibrant atmosphere.
- The Alamo. It’s a must-visit attraction and a destination for the entire family. We explored the church, gardens, and gift shop during our visit. Entrance is free.
- La Villita San Antonio is a charming and historic arts district where local artisans offer everything from handmade jewelry and pottery to paintings and sculptures. It hosts several festivals, such as the Rey Feo Superheroe Parade, which took place on the day we had dinner at this hotel restaurant.
- Paesanos Restaurant serves an Italian menu, my daughter’s favorite cuisine. We decided to dine there for dinner and later discovered that they also offer dinner cruises on the San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Iron Cactus Mexican Grill was our lunch spot, where we indulged in some delightful Mimosas. I opted for the cheese enchiladas, my daughter went for the tortilla soup, and my husband savored the baja fish tacos.
The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
420 W Market Street, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78205
Marriott: The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio.
Travel Tip: The hotel is just a mile from the Amtrak Train Station and a short drive to the San Antonio airport.
Book your stay today and immerse yourself in the heart of San Antonio’s vibrant culture!
Day of the Dead River Parade Experience
Oct. 27, 2023, from 6-9 p.m.
Locals and visitors are invited to join the upcoming lively celebration event at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio hotel, as they will host a special Day of the Dead River Parade Celebration. The Westin Riverwalk & Zocca Cuisine d’Italia will join forces to offer an authentic experience filled with fantastic dining, tasty cocktails, stilt walkers, a groovy DJ, sugar skull face painting, and loads of other fun surprises—of one of the largest Day of the Dead celebrations in the United States!
You’ll also get premium seats to catch all the parade action along the scenic River Walk.
Tickets range from $83 to $1,100.
Next time you’re in San Antonio, consider your stay at The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio! If you are in the Frisco area, you may want to check out The Westin Stonbriar Golf Resort & Spa.